"he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper"

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Historical Event!!!

It's been a little over 3 fortnights since my last post, but there is an explanation. I pried some lesser aspects of life from my hands during the holidays and enjoyed my time off. I am not of the millennial generation that lives and breathes in this virtual world. I dabble in it. I'm not fully integrated into it, mainly because I am the last generation that remembers when it didn't exist, and life was just as enjoyable without it. I see it's vast potential, and it's usefulness, but just like the microwave for my parents generation; It's a convenience, not a necessity.. Regardless, that is not the topic of my post today. It's about this moment and how it relates to the future....

I wanted to wait until my first 2009 blog could wax on a topic of importance, and that time has come. I could never have imagined 8 years ago that we would be where we are today. We stand on the verge of a new age, literally. It like we have moved past the stage of infancy, and into the realm of literacy in the blink of an eye. We can now read for ourselves the "Writing on the Wall". The world has changed, we have have changed, and we can step outside and feel on our faces the winds of change that are blowing on this day, TODAY is of very significant importance.

It's a turning point, a hinge in the fabric of time that moves us from one chapter in this book of life to the next. Many questions have been answered to this point, but there are so many more to be asked. It's the beginning of a new phase, and it stirs ones soul to think about what is to come. There are so many opportunities that lie ahead, and yet so many hills that need climbing. But at the top of each of those hills, is a glimpse at the beautiful horizon and the future that is brighter than the noon day sun...

Yes there is hope!!! and Yes We Can, Let the celebration begin!!!

We are so proud of you Ella Grace Bowman! We Love You! Happy 5th Birthday!

(Now those of you that thought this post was about something else, can go back and reread this post in it's true context. :)

1 comment:

あじ said...

ha... wow, 5 years... hard to believe